Real Estate – Leasing
Leasing is one of the most common methods that businesses use to obtain commercial space. As opposed to buying the space outright, commercial leasing allows a business or individual professional to rent the space for a specific period of time.
However, while the premise is straightforward, the commercial leasing process can become incredibly complex. Even in the best of circumstances, the process of drafting and negotiating the terms of a lease requires a thorough knowledge of the potential pitfalls of a lessor-lessee relationship, and the foresight to cover all of ones bases. In less ideal circumstances, the two parties can come to an impasse or conflict, either before or after the lease is signed.
No matter what sort of lease you are considering, it is absolutely essential to have an experienced, knowledgeable leasing attorney on your side. Moreover, it is essential for that attorney to have an in-depth understanding of the local laws, bylaws, and regulations in the jurisdiction/municipality where the leased property is located.
In Haverford, PA, that attorney is Andrew Labat, with the support of his firm, the Law Offices of Andrew Lapat. With nearly three decades of experience serving the greater Haverford, PA community, the Law Offices of Andrew Lapat has been regularly involved in representing both tenants and landlords in leasing matters. They offer a full suite of leasing legal services, including:
- Lease Drafting: Attorney Lapat specializes in drafting leases tailored specifically to meet the needs, concerns, and best interests of his client. He guides clients through the drafting process step-by-step, making each element of the lease clear to them. Attorney Lapat believes that clients deserve full transparency into the leasing process, rather than remaining in the dark.
- Lease Editing and Amendment: Attorney Lapat also works with full or partial pre-existing leases if requested, either offering corrections or using them as a baseline from which to branch outward to meet the needs of his clients.
- Lease Negotiation: Once a full draft of a proposed lease is completed, Attorney Lapat will hit the negotiation table with the other party on your behalf. Negotiation of terms is often a key step in the leasing process, and Attorney Lapat knows what it takes to drive a hard and effective bargain for favorable terms.
- Lease-Based Conflicts: Unfortunately, conflict between the leaser and the lessee may arise at any point during the leasing process, whether before or after the lease is signed. If this occurs, Attorney Lapat will negotiate with the other side, keeping an open mind to the best and least expensive outcome for you without ceding unnecessary ground.
- Commercial Lease Litigation: If a leasing conflict cannot be solved through mediation or negotiation outside of a lawsuit, Attorney Lapat is ready, willing, and able to go to Court on your behalf. He has ample experience trying lease-based litigation in Court, and will craft a legal strategy honed to get you the best possible outcome in your specific case.
Attorney Lapat and the Law Offices of Andrew Lapat are dedicated to providing businesses and professionals (as well as commercial landlords) with high quality legal representation in leasing matters. If you are in the Haverford, PA area and are in need of a leasing attorney, reach out today for a free consultation on your case.
Call Now For A Consultation